Corte Madera Chronicles

A group blog; a place to share photos, thoughts, stupid shit we find on the internet, whatever. Hopefully we'll get at least one post per day from someone, and not so many posts that it's too overwhelming. Have fun!

Saturday, August 27, 2005

So, a little over 3 months ago (3 months and ten days, to be exact) we were still outside the theatre, with every hope in our poor jaded hearts that we could allow purchase that perhaps... the movie... won't... suck.

Of course, we were wrong, but just remember the passion. The fun we were having in line, the comraderie that we held. And the echo effect has been excellent (check out the existence of this blog and the mailing list, for example).

Today is my 33rd birthday -- my hobbit coming of age birthday... Oh yeah, remember the COOL movies we actually got to see together for the first time?

You know... Narnia is coming out, not to mention King Kong...

Just a injection of nostalgia. I enjoy you all immensely.

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Lorrimer said...

I really wanted to prove the point this summer that it's not just about the movies. But then I completely failed to organize the camping trip. Without that set-in-stone date of a movie coming out (or sometimes a birthday or wedding or what have you) it's pretty tough to get people together. I'm going to make that camping trip happen someday...

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

That will happen, i'm certain of it. But let us not forget to celebrate one of our strong bonds -- our ability to have enthusiasm around movies. There aren't too many people out there willing to camp out for a film release. We are the special nuts out there that keep the tradition alive.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger shakescene said...

Rock it, my brother. 33 is also the age Christ died, as well as the age of that retarded guy in The Sound and The Fury. But don't die. You have a kid, for God's sake.

Can I say I'm stoked about King Kong? Can I say I'm stoked about Narnia? I got chills watching the Narnia trailer. I'm a cad. And I met a chick in LA this summer who played a centaur. I had the grace not to ask her if she showed her tits, like all good centaurs should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home