Corte Madera Chronicles

A group blog; a place to share photos, thoughts, stupid shit we find on the internet, whatever. Hopefully we'll get at least one post per day from someone, and not so many posts that it's too overwhelming. Have fun!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Okay

It was always experimental. If you like Peter Greenaway, you'll love this, but Josh will make that pissy pursed mouth look, slap his hand on his balding head, and erase with malice.

It's still dead to me, but that essay kind of makes me want to re-watch it with that dude's interpretaion. Maybe, like another epic story, it's a trip you can take multiple times from different perspectives.

In the meantime, go read a book by Cory Doctorow, he's the science fiction writer that hits closes to home for me in terms of what it feels like to be alive right now. And all his books are available for free, online. One you can get an RSS feed for, so he gives you chapter or so a day, and one is being serialized on salon.com. I only read the beginning of that, cause salon can kiss my ass, but I'll read it when it's done.

You've probably heard of him already, though. He's one of the boingboing guys.

5 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Lorrimer said...

None of this makes those films any better as films. Sorry. Having a thematic structure -- intentional or not -- doesn't turn a bad film into a good one.

Too much more of this and I'm going to have to propose my moratorium idea.

I am making my pissy face.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger shakescene said...

Yes, but have you read Cory Doctorow?

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Lorrimer said...

He's on my list. Re-reading Ice and Fire now in anticipation of the new one. I'll get to him. There's a new Guy Gavriel Kaye out, too.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger shakescene said...

Doctorow's far more important than anything Kaye could ever write. Period.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Lorrimer said...

I don't read Kaye because he's important.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home