Corte Madera Chronicles

A group blog; a place to share photos, thoughts, stupid shit we find on the internet, whatever. Hopefully we'll get at least one post per day from someone, and not so many posts that it's too overwhelming. Have fun!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Take 3 minutes for this.

More of my environmental shiznit. If u haven't heard, NASA has been harrassing one of their scientists when he talks about global warming. Here's a link to a petition I'd love all of you to sign.

Good thing Adam has a big brother to code his links for him.

Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Lorrimer said...

Done. It takes considerably less than three minutes.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Lorrimer said...

Hey, why hasn't someone (MoveOn or whoever) done this: a web site/RSS feed/email service that compiles petitions like this according to user preferences.

I go to the web site and fill in my information (using my alternate email address that I'm willing to deal with spam on). I select the issues that are most important to me, knowing that I'll be contacted for everything that comes up about those issues. Then I select issues that are moderately important, and I'm only contacted about those when it's something really critical. Finally, I select how I want to be contacted, and how often. Then I get an email or whatever once a week or once a month or as it happens, telling me to go to the site and check off on all the relevant petitions.

C'mon, hippies. Organize this shit. The people want to help but we are extremely lazy.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Poe said...

Thanks for fixing the link. Guess cutting and pasting aint good enough... I like the idea of the web site, but really, just get on MoveOn and Environmental Action's lists and u will get enough shit already.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Lorrimer said...

That's what I'm saying, though. I hate getting email after email. I want ONE email a month, or maybe one a week, that lists ALL the petitions for the issues I care about -- and nothing else. When I get a separate email for each petition, it makes me less likely to sign any of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home