Corte Madera Chronicles

A group blog; a place to share photos, thoughts, stupid shit we find on the internet, whatever. Hopefully we'll get at least one post per day from someone, and not so many posts that it's too overwhelming. Have fun!

Sunday, April 10, 2005

from the NY Times

NY Times article today about Spamalot (the new Broadway musical adaptation of Monty Python and the Holy Grail starring Tim Curry as King Arthur) attracting young straight white men to Broadway. Apparently all the Broadway people are jumping up and down because young straight white men are a demographic they can never get to buy tickets. But here's Harvey Fierstein on the phenomenon:

"If I were of frat boy age and I had $100, would I opt for a Broadway ticket or would I want to spend that on booze and drugs?" Mr. Fierstein asked. "Even I, and I am as gay as a pink leather piƱata, would choose booze and drugs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home