Corte Madera Chronicles

A group blog; a place to share photos, thoughts, stupid shit we find on the internet, whatever. Hopefully we'll get at least one post per day from someone, and not so many posts that it's too overwhelming. Have fun!

Friday, September 02, 2005

Want to make theatre to help Katrina victims?

Someone I met at a workshop in LA is in San Francisco organizing a benefit at The Marsh for sometime in the next month. From her email:

"Having done a few of these before, my thought is to assemble 15-20
performers to do 5-8 minutes each - read scenes, solo performance, spoken
word, dance, sing - whatever your talent may be we can use it. I'm trying
to see if a local jazz band or two might provide some musical interludes -
and I'm open to other suggestions. The main thing is to involve as many
folks who can do it, for SHORT SHORT performances, so as to maximize the
number of attendees and therefore the amount of money we raise, while
keeping it to a reasonable evening's length."

Let me know if you want to participate and I'll give you her email address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home